Alexander McQueen is a British Fashion Designer, best known for his mind-blowing catwalk shows, detailed tailoring and remarkable clothing styles.
1. Alexander McQueen was born on March 17, 1969, in Lewisham, London, United Kingdom.
2. Ronald, his father, was a cab driver. His mother was Joyce. She was a teacher and taught social science.
3. At the age of 16, Lee Alexander McQueen dropped out of school. After this, he found work at Savile Row, a street in London’s Mayfair district famous for offering made-to-order men’s suits.
4. McQueen took his education at Central Saint Martins College of Art & Design and received his M.A. in fashion design in 1992.
5. Soon after obtaining his degree, Alexander McQueen started his business designing clothes for women.
6. Within 4-years after his schooling ended, McQueen was named Chief Designer of Louis Vuitton (Owned by Givenchy). LV is a French haute-couture fashion house.
7. Lee McQueen also won British Designer of the Year in 1996, 1997 and 2001, all during his time at Givenchy.
8. In 2000, Gucci bought a 51% stake in Alexander McQueen’s private company. It provided the capital for McQueen to expand his business.
9. In 2003, McQueen was proclaimed as an International Designer Of The Year by the Council of Fashion Designers of America.
The exceptional talent committed suicide shortly after the death of his mother at just the age of 40. Sixteen completed designs of Alexander McQueen from the Autumn/Winter collection were displayed in 2010 at Paris Fashion Week.
The man’s gone; the brand continues.
Myself Rohan Sharma. I love being creative and experiencing new opportunities. I enjoy every opportunity i get and i rather look forward to working smarter than working harder. Moreover , thats how i enjoy my work.