Like, who could have thought a bitter-dry fruit like Almond will end up with something as sweet as an Ice Cream!
1. Almonds have remained a warm family member of Human Households since 3000-2000BC. Soon after the discovery of Ice Creams, nutty Almond Ice Creams must have been discovered.
2. According to one of the sources, Rocky Road (Chocolate) Ice Creams replaced walnuts in their Mixed-Ingredients Ice Creams with the Roasted Almonds during the period of the Great Depression in the United States. It might not be the origin, but the time when finally Almonds froze their place in the Ice Cream Business.
3. Common ingredients in Almond Ice Cream:
- Condensed Milk
- Sliced Almonds
- Fresh Cream
- Beaten Eggs
- Whipped Heavy Cream
4. Some other ingredients (in its variations) also include Corn Flour, Saffron, Almond Extract, Powered Green Cardamom, Ice-Cubes, Vanilla Extract.
5. Some of the Top Brands include some other ingredients for its gummy-yummy taste. An essential one is Carrageenan. It is derived from Red Seaweed.
6. Like many other ice cream flavours, It comes in several varieties today, including, Coffee Almond Ice Creams, Salted Almond Ice Creams, Almond Butter Ice Creams, White Chocolate Almond Ice Creams etc. Chocolate Almond Ice Creams can be said as one of the most popular Dry Fruit Ice Creams.
7. White Chocolate Almond Ice Creams are widely consumed in the form of an Ice Cream Bar today. Its Cones and Tubs are also preferred by many Ice-Cream Lovers.
8. Some of the Top Almond Ice Creams Brands in India are Magnum, Baskin Robbins, Haagen Dazs, Blue Bell, Nirula’s and Naturals.
9. Choco-Almond Ice Creams are as commonly available as Vanilla, Strawberry and Butterscotch, especially in the form of a Bar, at various roadside ice-cream stalls, shops and parlours. So, if you haven’t already, you can try it just now!
Good Almond Ice Creams are rarely consumed by many, although the Almond and other Nuts inside an Ice Cream of any flavour are way too common to find.
So, we ask you, “Kya aap ne apni badami-zindagi ko aur suhaawna banaya hai kabhi with a bar of an original Almond (Baadaam) Ice Cream?” Share your experience with us in comments now!
Young and passionate 'Dilliwali' Editor&Writer, Ritika Gupta aims to work for youths and artists in India through Value Creation.