Bacon Ice Cream is perhaps one of the most peculiar frozen desserts in the world. Why? Well, to begin with, it is non-veg ice cream. Secondly, it is still in-demand by its consumers!
1. Bacon is actually the meat of domestic-pig. It is a type of pork and yes–it is also a part of a frozen dessert–an ice cream!
2. Bacon and Egg Ice Cream first came up in The Two Ronnies in 1973. It was later experimented with in an Ice Cream Parlor in New York at Aldrich’s Beef on the New Year’s Day.
3. In the 1980s, Heston Blumenthal was the one who brought the product into an actual consumable state. He named his creation Bacon and Egg Ice Cream. Today, it is one of their Signature Dishes!
4. Nonetheless, as the ice cream is a blend of sweet and tangy, it has remained in controversy by the food critics like Nico Ladenis and Janet Street-Porter.
5. This Ice Cream is made with Bacon, Sugar, Heavy Cream, Condensed Milk and Vanilla Extract.
6. Some known variations of Ice Cream are Milk Bacon Chocolate Ice Cream, Maple Bacon Crunch Ice Cream, Bacon Weave Ice Cream Sandwich, Brown Butter, cream etc.
7. Few Brands to pick if you wish to try Bacon Ice Cream are Ben & Jerry’s Bacon, Haagen Dazs Smoked Bacon Ice Cream and Bono Boutique Milk Chocolate Ice Cream.
Hey, are you really planning to try the Bacon Ice Cream anytime soon?
Young and passionate 'Dilliwali' Editor&Writer, Ritika Gupta aims to work for youths and artists in India through Value Creation.