Bisexuality is a sexual or love attraction towards both male and females. The sexual orientation of Bisexuals has developed across different people and realised at varying points (regarding if they are heterosexual, bisexual or homosexual). From Ancient Greeks and Japanese to Indians and Native Americans, being a Bisexual is not a modern concept. Let’s know in a little more points about Bisexuals and Bisexuality:
- Ancient Greeks
- In Ancient Greece, Spartans thought that love and relationships between experienced and novice soldiers meant to express loyalty. It encouraged them during wars.
- When a young soldier hits maturity, they were forced to make a relationship with their head soldier to become a good soldier.
- Ancient Japan
- Bisexuality has been common in Japan for 1000 years. It was famous among Samurais.
- Nanshoku refers to same-sex or homosexuality in ancient Japan. A similar tradition was followed by the Chinese.
- Shudo refers to the special relationship between an experienced samurai and young boys. In it, samurai teach the boys martial arts and the samurai code of honour. Both the partners are expected to assist their duty while forming a relationship with each other.
- Ancient Egypt
- Khnumhotep and Niankhkhnum are some of the most famous cases that represent the bisexuality of Ancient Egypt.
- Khnumhotep and Niankhkhnum were the two high-officials who served for the pharaoh under the 5th dynasty. After their death, their family decided to bury them together in a mastaba tomb.
- Many paintings reflect them kissing together. But still, it’s a heated debate topic among Egyptologists (those who study Ancient Egypt and its antiquities).
- Ancient China
- Dong Xian was a politician of the Han Dynasty. He was in a relationship with Emperor Ai of Han (emperor of the Han dynasty). This is one of the best examples of bisexuality in history!
- However, critics have cited the fact that their relationship ended in tragedy and violence.
- Ancient South Asia
- The Kamasutra, written in the 4th century, describe the technique of homosexuality and also mentioned how three-sex citizens are greatly attached to each other in complete faith.
- According to the Kamasutra, bisexuals get married to each other.
- Remember Khilji And Kafur from Padmaavat?
- Remember Malik Kafur from Padmaavat, a slave-general of Alauddin Khilji? Well, yes–that’s the powerful yet subtle portrayal of bisexuality.
- According to the people, Alauddin Khilji was also a bisexual. Alauddin fell “deeply and madly in love” with Malik Kafur and handed over the administration. Malik Kafur was the slave-general of Alauddin Khilji.
These were some histories of bisexuals and bisexuality of the world. Can you imagine how long the culture of bisexual culture is going on? Then, what are we really trying to prove, debate or discuss?
Hey! I'm Vivek Bisht From Uttarakhand. I'm gamer and esports enthusiast, trying his hard best to entre the Esports Scenerio.