If you love cotton clothes, then you must know about the following main cotton fabric types!
- BRODERIE ANGLAISE
- Also known as an eyelet.
- A plain-weave material with shaped, embroidered holes (called eyelet) punched in it.
- This fabric is mostly used in the making of tops, dresses, skirts and nightwear.
- BRUSHED COTTON
- Brushed cotton or Flannel or Flannelette.
- This cotton fabric is generally medium-weight. It has surface fibres that are brushed on one side, making it soft, cosy and warm. c. This cotton fabric is mostly used in making kids wear casual shirts.
- Canvas fabric is medium to heavy-weight, plain-weave cotton fabric.
- This fabric is extremely sturdy and durable.
- It is very well used in making traditional dresses.
- MADRAS COTTON
- Madras cotton is a lightweight, plain-weave fabric.
- It is woven in different colours to form checks and patterns.
- It wrinkles easily and is generally used for making casual clothes.
- Light-to-medium weight and plain-weave fabric.
- It has a subtle variation in colour between the warp and weft threads.
- Chambray fabric comes in greys, blues and is often used to make clothes of children, dresses and tops.
- Chino is also known as Drills.
- Chino is a rough and tough cotton fabric. It is durable and medium-weight, with a twill weave.
- This fabric is often used to make trousers and uniforms.
- COTTON VELVET
- It is a medium weight woven fabric with a silky pile on the right side.
- Velvet fabrics are more expensive than other cotton fabrics.
- It is often used for evening wear.
Do you know DENIMS are also part of cotton fabric types? These are firm and heavy-weight fabric, densely woven using a twill weave. As you might already know, denim fabrics are used to make clothes like jeans, jackets, shirts, etc.
Myself Rohan Sharma. I love being creative and experiencing new opportunities. I enjoy every opportunity i get and i rather look forward to working smarter than working harder. Moreover , thats how i enjoy my work.