Ever thought about which schools in India are recognised as the most expensive school in India?
India, being one of the illiterate nations during the British Rule in India, has continuously been encouraged by the authorities towards improving literacy rates and providing quality education to children. Accordingly, the competitions between not only kids but the schools have risen as well.
In the scuffle to become the most responsive, hygienic, safest, and the overall, “best-in-class” educational institutions are regularly adding and editing their curriculums, systems, assets, facilities, and machinery, thus, making the school-education expensive.
We have gathered the names of the Top Ten Most Expensive School In India.
1. Doon School, Dehradun
- Founder: Satish Ranjan Das
- Founded: 10 September 1935
- Fees: The school fee is Rs. 10,25,000/- per annum with other expenses at around Rs. 25,000/- per term.
2. Scindia School, Gwalior
- Founder: Madho Rao Scindia
- Founded: 1867
- Fees: Scindia School’s annual fee is about 12,00,000 rupees.
3. Mayo College, Ajmer
- Founder: Richard Bourke, 6th Earl of Mayo
- Founded: 1875
- Fees: The school fees for Indians is 6,50,000 and for NRI 13,00,000 per annum along with other charges.
4. Ecole Mondiale World School, Mumbai
- Founder: Goenka & Sarda families
- Founded: 2004
- Fees: The school fees for 1 to 10th grade is Rs 9,90,000 and 11th to 12th is Rs 10,90,000.
5. Welham Boys’ School, Dehradun
- Founder: Hersille Susie Oliphant
- Founded: 1937
- Fees: The annual fee of the school around Rs 5,70,000 with other charges.
6. Woodstock School, Mussoorie
- Founder: Dr Craig Cook
- Founded: 1854
- Fees: Fees for grade from 6 to 10 is around Rs 16,00,000 while for Grade 10 to 12 it is Rs 17,65,000.
7. Good Shepherd International School, Ooty
- Founder: Dr PC Thomas
- Founded: February 1977
- Fees: The tuition fees for Good Shepherd International School is Rs.6.10-15 lakh.
8. Stonehill International School, Bangalore
- Founder: Jitu Virwani
- Founded: 2008
- Fees: For International students fees at Stonehill International School is Rs 9,00,000 yearly.
9. Birla Public School, Pilani
- Founder: Birla Educational Trust
- Founded: 1944
- Fees: The fees of Birla Public School from class 3 to 10th is nearly Rs 2,89,200 and 10th to 12th about Rs 3,19,200 along with other expenses at the time of admission.
10. Bishop Cotton School, Shimla
- Founder: George Cotton
- Founded: 1859
- Fees: The fees ranges from Rs 4,10,000 to Rs 4,80,000.
- Although these are the most expensive institutions, with all the fabulous facilities, not every family can afford these schools, even after scholarships.
Every kid faces the question, “Kaunse school mein…? (In which school…?)” at least once in their lives. At Desi ChalChitra, we believe that the parents must not focus on the name and fees of the school, whether or not this school have the quality to provide your kids with the ability to question, explore, and decide for themselves, which is what will make them unbreakable, independent, creative, hope-filled, and ready to face the world on their terms. If a school has all of that then no doubt, you have found the most expensive school then.
I am an interior design. Always interested and motivated in doing experiments with materials explored from nature and other industries and grow my skills.