The history of cars has a very long and weaving path. These gadgets today are an essential thing that keeps the roads busy. But have you wondered how a car came into existence?
If yes, then have a ride into the deep history of the car!!!
1. The history of cars can be traced to the 1880s. The German inventor Karl Benz invented the first modern car in 1886, patenting it as Motorwagen.
2. In the early 1500s, Leonardo da Vinci had sketched a horseless, mechanized cart.
3. One of the first cars in the history of cars available to the masses was the 1908 Model T, an American car made by the Ford Motor Company.
4. The evolution of external combustion engines is another history. It is often treated separately from the development of actual cars as a part of it.
5. During the early 19th century, many steam-powered road vehicles were used, including steam cars, steam buses, phaetons, and steam rollers.
6. Siegfried Marcus created and patented a gasoline-powered handcart in 1888, which is a four-seater, petrol-engined car.
7. The Second Marcus Car was a logical pioneer of today/modern cars.
8. Anyos Jedlik created the first viable electric motors that fitted his invention into the tiny car.
9. But the French inventor Verbiest might have been given a car start line by a Flemish missionary almost 100 years ago, as seen in this 350-year old gift to a Chinese emperor.
The first car in India plied on the roads in 1897. And, the first Indian to own a car in 1901 was Jamshedji Tata.
Pranjal is highly jovial by heart, full of bright ideas and leading a colorful life person. She is currently pursuing her graduation from lakshmibai college, University of Delhi and a keen learner who have a constant desire to learn more and more.