Sach hi hai ki, “काम से कलाकार जाना जाता है.” Nikhil Chopra is one of those artists who has established himself in the competitive atmosphere of contemporary art through his complex and critical work as an artist and a performer.
1. Located in Goa, India, Nikhil Chopra is an Indian modern artist.
2. Chopra was deeply impacted by his identity as a Kashmiri, which he explored in his works
3. Chopra has attempted to collapse the borders within theatre in his artistic endeavours.
4. He was born in Kolkata to a Kashmiri family. After achieving a degree in Commerce, he began studying fine arts.
5. Among his educational successes, he plays various characters in his performances. It is one of his notable accomplishments
6. Chopra has also experimented with creating art right before the public, sketching landscapes on paper and on the wall using charcoal.
7. Chopra was certified from the Faculty of Fine Arts at MS University, Baroda. He continued his studies at the Maryland Institute, Baltimore and further at the Ohio State University.
8. In 2007, Chopra was an artist in residency at Khoj International Artists Association situated in New Delhi.
- Some of his most cherished Solo Exhibitions include:
- Lands, Waters, and Skies, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York (2019)
- Drum solo at The Mill Galleria Continua / Les Moulins, France (2016)
- Blackening V, Kiran Nadar Museum of Art, New Delhi (2013)
- Coal on Cotton, Whitworth Art Gallery, Manchester (2013)
- Yog Raj Chitrakar Memory Drawing IX, New York (2009)
- Sir Raja III, Kitab Mahal, Mumbai (2005)
- Some of his remembered Group Exhibitions include:
- Soft Power, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (2019)
- Bhairav, New Art Exchange, Nottingham (2017)
- Rebirth of Detail, Sunaparanta Goa Centre for the Arts (2013)
- Paris, Delhi, Bombay, Centre Pompidou, Paris (2011)
- Production Site The Artist’s Studio Inside Out, Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago (2010)
- Chalo India, Mori Art Museum (2008)
- Beings and Doings, Queen’s Gallery, The British Council (2007).
In his artwork, you’ll be able to explore the ancient and current social issues of an individual & society, imbued together into one.
People say that “Art sabke bas ki baat nahi hai,” and once one looks at the art of Nikhil Chopra, the depth & effortlessness perhaps expresses the same.
I believe in hard work and have excellent analytical skills and love to explore and learn new things which is essential for the development of the organisation and myself as an individual and the society at large.